Mbali Samukelisiwe Mapholi is a Christian wife, a mother, an Entrepreneur, a dietitian by profession, Business Executive, and a philanthropist of good ethics and progressive customs. She is a determined achiever with an excellent record. She is a qualified Business Executive who has set her mind in gaining the necessary knowledge and experience into driving the needed transformation our country and the world so desires, which can be offered to individuals and organizations.
Mbali’s excellent track record and leadership skills tracks back from her early age of learning, at 13 and whilst at grade 10, Mbali became the president of the School Learners Representative Council, she was admitted into the University program at the age of 16 and at the age of 20 she had completed her BSc Hons in dietetics studies. She completed her MBA with cum-laude’ before she joined a group of young African leaders who participated on a YALI (Young African Leaders Initiative) program and there again she was appointed by all her peers to lead.
As a Dietitian Mbali has been in private consultation since 2016. Mbali took a decision to go into private practice after acquiring clinical experience in various public hospitals like the Tshwane District Hospital and the Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital. She spent over 3 years in the public hospitals before joining the corporate sector.
She further acquired sales and marketing skills as a medical delegate at Nestle’ Health Science South Africa. She immediately rose and held the highest performer nationally year on year, here she acquired further skills whilst serving as a Regional Manager and attain skills in management, negotiating, leadership amongst other business and personal skills.
Mbali is a Social Entrepreneur who owns and manages three (3) entities; (1) Mbali Mapholi Inc. (A dietetics company, that provides nutritional counselling to private and corporate clients); (2) MiNutrition ZA (A wellness company, that provides a complete wellness services to corporate entities). and ; (3) Munakisi Foundation (A Non-Profit Organization that serves disadvantaged communities around the country with mainly issues of Nutrition including Breastfeeding. This organization further supports young matriculants with the integration process that ensures that the underprivileged matriculants find placements in institutions of Higher Learning and have access to the relevant financial support).
She is currently the “Magarine Brand Ambassodor; the “Nutritional Ambassador” at Laughing cow South Africa, the “Dietitian Consultant” at Ascendis Health Direct among other roles.
Mbali has appeared in various television programs like Weekend Wake Up show on eTV news channel (eNCA), Mokapelo on SABC 1; read publications, such as True Love, Drum, Bona, You, Rooi Rose, My Kitchen Magazine, Loocha, Sunday World, Sowetan; and also radio stations such as Metro FM, SA FM Kaya FM, Radio 200, Ukhozi Fm, Inkwekwezi FM, Radio Khwezi, Alex FM, Jozi FM, Cape Talk etc. as a professional on issues that affect human and health.
She continues to see major advances in her abilities, career and achievements. This at times demand her to serve people out side her normal scope and demands her empathy which led her into opening a Non-Profit Organization (Munakisi) to serve these demanding cases that would not reach her in her business standing. She also uses her talent of public speaking and often does motivational talks to positively impact peoples lives.
Above all, this driven woman continues to be a role model to many young woman from all spheres of life who see her as an academia, an achiever and a hard worker who rose to Sandton heights from dusty and rocky streets of Nongoma. Mbali enjoys spending time with her husband and adorable kids, going to gym, exploring restaurants in the city and attending premiers and books launches.
Mbali believes in the quote by Collin Powell “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence” -Collin Powell.
The Phoenix; “Arising triumphantly from the ashes of its predecessor, the phoenix has been an enduring symbol of resilience and renewal for thousands of years.”
Mbali associates herself and her character with that of this mysterious bird, she continuously seek to renew, revive and to re-invent herself from whatever challenge that seeks to embody her.
- IOL – You dont have to give up snacking to eat healthy
- IOL – How food affects our emotional and mental well-being
- Metro FM – Blood type Diet
- SA FM – Are workplace foods a source of unhealthy calories?
- Sowetan Live – #ThirstyThursdays : Drink Free and be Merry
- Daily Sun – Living Healthy with Diabetes
- E-TV ; eNCA – Eat well , Stay well
- 10 ways to eat Healthy during festive season – Citizen ; Safrica 24 ; IOL News ; Findal News ; Mossel Bay Advertiser
- Metro FM with Nomathemba – World Vegan month
- True Love – Intermittent fasting
- Metro FM – Popular fad diets
- News 24 – Best antidote to child hunger
- Eco Daily – Crankdown on fake foods ; FindAllNews – Crankdown of fake foods
- Classic FM – Breastfeeding week 2018
- Laughing Cow – The advert
- Metro FM – Nutrition 101 with Kgopedi
- Kaya Fm – Kicking the habits
- IOL News – Healthy trends 2018
- 702 Talk Radio – Staying hydrated during drought ; Cape Talk Radio – Staying hydrated during drought
- 702 Talk Radio – Benefits of kicking booze ; Cape Talk Radio – Benefits of kicking booze ; Player FM – Benefits of Kicking booze
- Healthy trends (Golo)
- My Kitchen Magazine; My kitchem magazine for their July Issue 33. The spread was about how to make healthy food choices in winter.
- A guide for healthy eating during festive season in December 2017 which was shared in many online platforms including: Health 24 ; Dispatch Live ; Longevity Live ; Nutritional Confidence ; All 4 Women Magazine
- Jozi Gist – Keeping healthy balance holidays ; Joburg West – Keeping healthy balanced holidays
- Omny FM – Beating the Snack Attack
- eNCA – Body Shaming
- Sowetan – Are fitness gurus also health nuts
- World Breastfeeding Conference 2012 –World-Conference-Report-6-9-Dec2012
- SABC 1 – Mokapelo
- Mushroom Study for South African Mushroom Association (SAMFA): SAMFA ; Final Report ; Herald Live ; Durban Get Online ; Also on the September 2016 Copies of Drum & Rooi Rose Magazines among others…