recipe' : Bean curry
We provide you with well researched health solutions
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive / canola oil
150g (1 onion), diced
15ml (1tbsp) paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
5ml (1tsp) ground cumin
5ml (1tsp) ground coriander
3 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
1-2 x 410 g butter beans / Kidney beans drained
Two tomatoes peeled and chopped
60 ml (¼ cup) tomato paste
1 cup greens such as baby spinach washed and drained (optional)
- Warm oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook till it begins to soften.
- Add all spices salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the canned beans with the liquid, tomato and tomato puree.
- Add additional water if necessary.
- Add greens for the last two minutes of cooking.
- Pour in serving dish and serve with a small portion of rice of choice and a large green salad
- Perfect to complete your meal on a “Meatless” day
- Low salt as is, avoid the use of stock cubes, packet soup = suitable for individuals with hypertension
- High fibre meal – beans are good source of dietary fibre = help everyone meets their fibre requirements for a day, an adult needs a minimum of 25g die
- High in vitamins and minerals – for overall good health & protect us against diseases
- Low fat meal – suitable for everyone and can be part of the weight management eating plan
Yours In Health